Dear Patients of the Zielinski Physical Therapy Community,
I hope this letter finds you well. We have progressively stepped up our precautions to maintain the health and safety of you and our staff. Our staff has been diligently providing Telehealth (virtual) visits to our patients who have requested this service over the past four weeks. Our patients and referral sources have been inquiring about on-site PT services, and I am writing to share our plans with you.
Under the guidance and advice of the CDC, the state and our local health organizations, we have implemented several new COVID-19 related policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all. Our clinic's size and low volume treatment model is an advantage in minimizing the risk of COVID-19 exposure and we have also made some changes to the office to promote social distancing requirements.
We are pleased to advise you that we will begin providing on-site treatments on Monday, May 18, 2020. As always, the safety and health of our patients, team members, our families and our community is our main priority, and the following precautions have been established with that in mind:
- For your protection, each staff member will wear a mask at all times.
- Patients are required to wear a mask to their appointment which will remain on at all times.
- Patients will be scheduled every 30 minutes.
- We are asking all patients to be socially responsible in proactively reporting any flu-like symptoms or sickness in their households so their appointment can be rescheduled.
- Patients will enter our main doors by themselves. Accompanying guests are asked to wait in their vehicle until the visit has concluded. If you have an unavoidable conflict with our policy, please discuss with our administrative staff prior to your appointment.
- The patient is to wait in the foyer area to have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temp >100.4 will be asked to reschedule. Patients may choose to request a virtual visit with their PT.
- Patients will be required to immediately wash their hands, and will be brought directly to their treatment room.
- Treatment sessions will be personal and individualized as always, but will use only the most essential modalities and equipment to reduce exposure.
- Treatment rooms and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected by staff after contact with each patient.
- Patients or staff who have tested positive or are suspected to be positive for coronavirus will have to abide by CDC outlined regulations for their return to the community or to work.
- Patients may choose to supplement their weekly sessions with a Telehealth (virtual) session to maximize effectiveness while minimizing risk.
We appreciate your support and understanding and are looking forward to resuming our visits with you.
Please stay healthy and safe during this challenging time.
All our best,
Peter Zielinski and Staff